- We do not share customer information with third-parties for their own marketing purposes
- We safeguard our customer information carefully
- We are committed to protecting our customer information for every transaction, at every level of our organisation
- We are committed to helping you protect your privacy every day
- We have adopted the UK Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO") guidance on information protection.
Personal information we collect, and how we protect it
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of our site. Where we do collect personal information such as name, address, financial information, email address, and date of birth, we protect it by applying a number of procedures and technologies designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect customer confidentiality
- We ensure our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed the required standards regarding the protection of customer information
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
- Where we collect and maintain customer information in order to operate our service, we will let you know at the time of collection how we will use that information. In particular:
- In order to setup a Qwiddle account and benefit from the full functionality of the site, you must register and in doing so, provide us with the following information; name, address, gender, date of birth, phone number and email address. This information is used by Qwiddle to verify your identity and communicate with you and your children regarding the services requested and other related activities.
We may use your data to send you and your children information by email, text message or phone about Qwiddle services that we think may be of interest to you, as well as advising you of activity within your Qwiddle account. You can manage the nature, communication method and frequency of this information (e.g. account updates) from within the Qwiddle website.
We may also use your information at an aggregate, anonymised level for research and statistical analysis, with the aim of improving our services.
We may, when necessary to provide the service offered, pass information collected on our Site to third parties who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential and secure, and not use it for marketing purposes.
If you want to know what information we hold about you, you can contact us at any time and we will be happy to share it with you unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Cookies are small text files which ask permission to be placed on your computer by websites you visit. Your web browser may allow you to erase the cookies, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Please refer to your browser instructions or the website below for guidance. However, in some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of our application may not function, fully or at all. If you do allow cookies to be used, when you view our application, we will store some cookie files, which will enable us to measure the use of the pages and features on our application and allow you to use some of its functions.
The cookie is used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you. We do not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the identities of those visiting our application. For further information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information during registration, and whenever you log in to Qwiddle, we encrypt your information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), which is the internet standard for ensuring that web communication cannot be read or forged by any third party. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us email@example.com.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. We accept no responsibility for any loss, costs or damage you may suffer as a result of accessing, using and/or downloading information from our Site.
If you have questions in relation to the Policy, or you want to know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our registered address below. (Please note that email is not guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you email us, we advise that you keep personal information contained in any such email to a minimum.)
Qwiddle Limited. 21 Hutton gate, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. HG2 9QG